"Soft Catch" Servo Case Packer
A two-axis servo system allows the Versatron Servo Case Packer to actually "catch" the product while it descends into the case. The lift table moves the case to the "up" position and waits for a full grid. When grid is full, the riding strips shift to the side and initiate the bottle descent. The lift table simultaneously moves the case downward on a velocity curve that ultimately achieves the same speed at the point of contact (the "soft catch"). See the illustration below.
Other case packing benefits include push-button height adjustment and a wide product range. The vertical motion of the table does not consume air.
- Servo laning module for non-round bottles
- Right-angle or counterflow casefeed
- Label protection strips
- 5-foot infeed extension
- Color touch screen
- Flap opener with flap scan
- Flap orientation
- Available with flask handling capability
Advanced Servo Case Packing Features
All Versatron Servo Case Packer change parts are designed for quick changeover.
- Riding Strips have unique slide-in design for automatic alignment.
- Grid Basket uses Standard-Knapp's patented Snap-in Grid Technology to easily change from product to product.
- Lane Guide Spacers are lightweight and have chamfered edges for easy drop-in replacement.
939S Versatron™ Case Packer Specifications*
|Speed:**||Up to 45 CPM|
|Product Sizes:||Versatile packer handles all sizes within the soft drink, beer, wine, liquor, chemicals, personal care and food industries|
|Machine Construction:||Heavy-duty stainless steel, tubular with weldments|
|Case Types:||Plastic, corrugated, HSC, RSC, Tablock, tray|
|Air:||80 psi with 1/2" NPT|
|Motors:||Product Infeed: 1 HP with variable frequency drive|
Casefeed: 1 HP with variable frequency drive
Case Timing: Servo drive
Lift Table: Servo drive
|Controls:||I/O devices, 24 Volts, Contrologix or other upon request|
|Main Control Panel:||Mounted to machine opposite operator side; one connection at 30 Amp, 460 Volts|
|Enclosures:||NEMA 12, NEMA 4 or NEMA 4X|
|Operator Interface:||Panelview or others|
|Servo System:||Rockwell Contrologix, or other upon request|
* Standard-Knapp is committed to continuous product improvement. Specifications are subject to change without notice.
** Speed is dependent upon application.