The Standard-Knapp PikMore continuous-motion uncaser is the first step in fast, accurate packaging. It quickly and gently removes empty bottles from the case and presents them to the bottling line upright and ready to rinse. Using the same technology as our industry-leading PakMore™ continuous-motion case packer, the PikMore provides operator-free uncasing at speeds of up to 75 cases per minute – all with a small footprint. Read more about how the PikMore works, or contact us for more information.
The PikMore™ Uncaser – The first step in perfectly finished product.
- Robust Construction – Stainless steel tubular frame
- High Reliability – Designed for 24/7 operation
- Simple Operation – Fast, easy operation
- Easy Walk-by Maintenance™ – See-through safety guarding
- Flexible and Adaptable to future applications
- Quality Fit and Finish – Proudly assembled in the USA
Continuous-motion Bottle Uncaser Features
In the event of a mispacked case, the PikMore will continue to operate smoothly without stopping – the faulty pack will simply pass through the machine via the case conveyor to be ejected at a later point in the packaging line.
The precise handoff between the gripper head and the empty bottle conveyor ensures that the bottles remain upright for the next step in the packaging process.
The PikMore has been designed to operate continuously without an operator present.
The Uncasing Process Explained
- The full case of empty bottles is transported into the machine and enters the hatching area, via customer upstream conveyors.
- The lowering head tracks the case once it is hatched, positioning the grippers above the bottles.
- The grippers engage the tops of the bottles by cradling the lip of each bottle's neck.
- The lowering head raises the bottles up and out of the case, which is held down by retaining wheels.
- The lowering head, while holding the bottles, is raised up as it advances toward the empty bottle conveyor. The empty case exits the machine on the empty case conveyor.
- The lowering head gently places the bottles on the speed-matched discharge conveyor and releases them. The lowering head is then raised up and out of the way, returning to its original position to pick more bottles.
686 PikMore™ Specifications*
|Speeds:||50 cpm (6 head)|
75 cpm (9 head)
|Air Supply:||80 psi with 1/2 NPT|
|Control Panel:||Stainless Steel Nema 12†|
|Lighting:||Two Vaportite Overhead Lights|
|Motors:||Main Drive – 5 HP|
|Bottle Discharge Drive:||1-1/2 HP|
|Bearings:||Sealmaster Goldline Beverage Bearings†|
|Case Control:||Angled Rubber Hold-down Rollers|
|Operator Alert Beacon:||Tri color stack light|
|Footprint:||16' 9" x 6' 8"|
|Assembled in:||Portland, CT|
* Standard-Knapp is committed to continuous product improvement. Specifications are subject to change without notice.